Nt1310 Final Exam Review
NT1310 Final Exam Review
1. What unit of measurement is a tenfold logarithmic ratio of power output to power input? Answer: Decibels is a unit of measurement that describes logarithmic ratio 2. What type of tool would be best for add connectors to twisted-pair cable Answer: Crimpers
3. If the tip wire in your pair is white/blue, what color would you expect the ring to be Answer: Blue
4. How many pairs of wires are in a binder group?
5. What is added to fiber-optic cabling to provide additional support? Answer: Nylon and Aluminum Coatings
6. What layer of the OSI reference model do routers work on? Answer: Layer 3
7. What are examples of a makeshift tools?
Answer: Tennis Ball and Duct Tape
8. What should be included in cabling system documentation? Answer: Network Diagrams
9. What is refraction?
Answer: Is the bending of light as it passes through a medium 10. What was the first full-scale commercial application of fiber-optic communication systems? Answer: AT&T installed the first fiber optic cable system in 1977 11. How are optical fibers and copper different?
Answer: Digital transmission is superior to analog transmission by analog is affected by attenuation and nature 12. How is digital data transmission superior to analog data transmission? Answer: It is not affected by attenuation or electrical impulses 13. How does dispersion affect optical fiber?
Answer: It blurs the signal and blends usable signal to degrade the signal 14. What is attenuation?
Answer: attenuation is used to describe the degradation of a signal 15. What factors need to be considered when choosing a fiber-optic cable? Answer: what type of signal is going to be sent through the fiber optic? 16. Which of the following cables are commonly used in connections to equipment and patch panels Answer: cortege cable
17. Why would you want to use LED as a light source over laser Answer: LEDs are cheaper
Please join StudyMode to read the full document