NT 2580 Lab 4
1. Define why change control management is relevant to security operations in an organization?
Change control is a systematic way to approaching change. Within an organization, it can prevent the possibility of services becoming interrupted and if so, provide a plan to bring them back up as soon as possible.
2. What type of access control system uses security labels?
Label-base access control (LBAC)
3. Describe two options you would enable in a Window’s Domain password policy?
Minimum password length and password complexity requirements
4. Where would patch management and software updates fall under in security operations and management?
Monitoring, Tracking, Testing
5. Is there a setting in your GPO to specify how many login attempts will lockout an account? Name 2 parameters that you can set to enhance the access control to the system.
Account lockout duration and threshold
6. What are some Password Policy parameter options you can define for GPOs that can enhance the C-I-A for system access?
Minimum password length, maximum password age, password must meet complexity requirements, and store passwords using reversible encryption
7. What sources you use as a source to perform the MBSA security state?
Computer by Name or IP and multiple Computers by Domain or IP Range
8. What does WSUS stand for, and what does it do?
Windows Server Update Service and it downloads Microsoft updates to a single server and deploys them
9. What is the difference between MBSA and Microsoft Update?
MBSA scans for security vulnerabilities while Microsoft update checks the Microsoft database for available updates. They are two totally different tools.
10. What are some of the options that you can exercise when using the MBSA tool?
You can check for Windows administrative vulnerabilities and for security updates