Rajneesh Kumar Rohit Banthia Rahul Sharma Rajendra Mishra Riya Verma
Why Nokia ?
History Mission statement
Nokia Corporation is a Finland based multinational company Headquarter -- Keilaniemi, Espoo, city neighboring Finland's capital Helsinki. CEO -- Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo Chairman -- Jorma Ollila. Founder -- Fredrik Idestam in 1865. Nokia started as a pulp, rubber and cable manufacturer
“ Nokia is world third richest company ”
NOKIA Company logo, 1966. The NOKIA "arrows" logo before its Connecting People logo.
"Connecting People" slogan, invented by Ove Strandberg.
HISTORY OF NOKIA
It also provides the services for network operators. Company recorded revenues of 41,121 Million € in 2007 about 20.3% increase from 2006.
Company offers its products in 150 countries. Its HQ is in Espoo, Finland and employees about 68,500 people . Other company of Nokia are in China , Hungry , Germany , Korea and India
• Revenue €50.722 bn (2008) • Operating income €4.966 bn (2008) • Net income €3.988 bn (2008) • Total assets €39.582 bn (2008) • Total equity €16.510 bn (2008)
• Employees 120,827 in 120 countries (June 30, 2009)
• • • • • • • • • • • • • Paper products Tires (car and bicycle) Footwear (including Wellington boots) Communications cables Consumer electronics such as televisions Personal computers Electricity generation machinery Military technology and equipment Robotics Capacitors Plastics Aluminium Chemicals
• Military communications and equipment
– Message device system“
• ADSL modems
• Digital television – (digital set-top boxes) • Personal computers (1980)
• Mini laptops – On August 24, 2009, Nokia announced that they will be entering the PC business with a high-end mini laptop called the Nokia Booklet 3G • Internet Tablet • GPS products Global Positioning System
NOKIA Accessories …
• Carrying and styling: carrying cases, phone jewellery • Car solutions: car kits, car phones, mobile holders • Headsets: audio adapters, bluetooth headsets, wired headsets, loopsets • Memory cards and cables • Music related products: speakers • Navigation: navigation kits, car navigation • Home and office: desk stands, imaging, wireless digital pens, wireless keyboards, mobile TV receivers • Power: batteries, chargers, charger adapters
• Nokia is working on future of mobile with their new concept Nokia "Scentsory". • This new mobile device uses the sense of smell, sight, hearing, and touch to create a multiscensory environment for the caller. • Scentsory would be able to detect smells as well as radiate colors, lighting, and temperature of the caller with Dual screens and hidden camera
Product life cycle of NOKIA
Nokia Symbian & N- Series
Nokia 30 & 40 Series
Nokia E- series
The Concept Phones
• Nokia Siemens Networks is a joint venture between Nokia and Siemens AG on 19 June 2006. • Nokia Siemens Networks services division is based in INDIA • Nokia Siemens Networks has operations in some 150 countries • They merge their mobile and fixed-line phone network equipment businesses to create one of the world's largest network • Both company has a 50% stake • The companies predicted annual sales of €16 bn and cost savings of €1.5 bn a year by 2010.
• Since December 1997, Nokia has acquired 37 companies or businesses • On August 5, 2009, Nokia acquire Cellity, a mobile software company • In September, 2008, Nokia acquired OZ Communications of Canada
• In July 10, 2008, Nokia bought Navteq, a U.S.based supplier for a price of $8.1 billion • In September 2007, Nokia...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document