NETW202, Professor’s Name
Section I: Watch the videos on the UTP cabling, read your course material and answer the questions below. Add in graphics from the internet to enhance your answers and be sure to cite your references. (Each question is worth 1 point each)
1.What is meant by the term “pinout”?
2.What are the following cable types used for and how are they made? How are they different? Crossover cable Rollover cable Straight through cable
3. What are the 568A and 568B termination color code standards? What are the 568A and 568B pinout standards? This is confusing terminology so how are they different?
4. How many conductors or wires are there in a UTP cable? How many pairs?
5. What colors or wire are used on these wires/pairs?
6. What is a punch down tool and how do you use it? The punch down tool used to insert the wires into a jack such as this does what two things to each wire?
7. What is crosstalk and how does it affect performance?
8. What is the most critical part of the termination procedure to ensure low crosstalk on the connection?
9. How is the outer insulation covering each wire cut through during the termination procedure?
10. What is the difference between STP and UTP cable? What might an application be for each type?
References: Add in if you use external references besides the textbook.
SECTION II: Read a case study and look at fiber installation techniques. Write a summary of what you learned in your research.
1. Find a case study that you are interested in looking at and read through the case study. Which case study did you select? What was interesting to you about this case study? What did you learn was new to you? (3 points)
2. Find a video under network solutions and look at the fiber installation videos. Choose one to watch. Which video did you select? Write a paragraph about what you learned. (3 points)
SECTION III: Using the Wireshark software you downloaded last