eBusiness is the integration of a company's business including products, procedures, and services over the Internet. [pic]
• You turn your company from a business into an eBusiness when you integrate your sales, marketing, accounting, manufacturing, and operations with your web site activities. • An eBusiness uses the Internet as a center for all business activities. • eCommerce is the online component of an eBusiness.
• E-business may be defined as the conduct of industry,trade,and commerce using the computer networks. • Naukri.com is an Indian job search engine operating in India founded by Sanjeev Bikhchandani in March1997.
• This employment site allows businesses to place job announcements and look through resumes. People looking for employement can post their resumes, ad links to their home page and browse the ads and look at potential employer's home pages as well.
• The site was established in 1997 by Info Edge (India) Ltd. Info Edge is a listed company on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange. It went public in November 2006. As of March 31, 2011 Naukri.com had a database of about 25 million registered job seekers and over 80,000 live job listings from Corporate Customers. During the Fiscal year 2010-11 Naukri.com serviced approximately 42,000 Corporate Customers, an average of about 12,000 resumes were added while about 72,000 were modified daily in the Naukri.com database in Fiscal year 2010-11.
• In India Naukri.com has been ranked at 22nd spot as per Alexa traffic rankings. It has a global ranking of 452. 2,480 sites share their links in the job portal. Usually almost 9 minutes is spent by each viewer in the site and every page is viewed almost 42 second approximately.
Naukri is the leading job site in India and is the premier brand of Info Edge. It has single-handedly given a new dimension to the concept of employment in the country.
• After it was found the company has left behind every competitor.
Naukri.com as a recruitment agency offers employment related services to both regular job seekers and leading placement agencies and recruiters and corporate houses. Its services are available in both India as well as outside the country.
The jobsite offers a wide range of services such as Response Management Tools and Resume Database Access. Among its major services is recruiter branding solutions, Naukri PayCheck, Naukri.com Magazine, Resdex, Naukri on Mobile and Chat and job postings.
The site has, at any time, 200,000 jobs and serves almost 35,500 corporate houses. It also publishes a useful report named Naukri JobSpeak, which is brought out on a monthly basis.
• Vision is to create a platform where, in 20 years time, every Indian who is looking for a job can find one.
• Every person looking for a Job should get one.
Initial Strategy (1997-2000)
• The initial marketing strategy was geared towards fulfilling two objectives. The first objective was to get the companies and placement consultants to list their jobs on the web site and the second one was to get job seekers to visit the site. Towards achieving the first objective, an intensive search exercise was carried out. The team went through the previous issues of several newspapers and magazines, went to libraries, scanned Yellow Pages and built a mailing list that contained names and addresses of approximately twenty four thousand companies and placement consultants who had placed an advertisement for jobs in the last five years. Letters were mailed out to them with information about the service. At the same time, another list of newspapers and magazines was compiled. Letters were also sent to these newspapers and magazines informing them of the introduction of this unique service. Advertising was also done but on a very small scale. It was...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document