1. Tell us your search topic and how many results you found. i used PsycARTICLES and my search topic was PTSD and Sexual Abuse. First i just put PTSD and 673 results came up, so i put in sexual abuse which narrowed it down to 46 results.
2. Is the article you selected an empirical research study*? How do you know?
The article is an empirical research study because it is based on a collection of data and i put selected to only look up empirical full text researches.
3. How does this topic apply to your Media Review Paper?
The movie i selected is mystic rivers. The main character is dealing with ptsd from his childhood past event. So the topic i chose to research definitely apply to my media review paper.
4. Please post the reference for your article here in APA style. i don't think i really understand how to do this correctly.
Chard, Kathleen M, PTSD Division, Cincinnati VA Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, US.
"An evaluation of cognitive processing therapy for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder related to childhood sexual abuse."
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol 73(5), Oct, 2005. pp. 965-971
• author's name • year the article was published • article title • journal title • journal volume and issue number • article page range • DOI (if the article has a DOI) or retrieval information (if the article doesn't have a