Case 01 Questions – MYSTIC MONK COFFEE
1. Has Father Daniel Mary established a future direction for the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming? What is his vision for the monastery? What is his vision for Mystic Monk Coffee? What is the mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming?
* The future direction for the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming has been clearly established by Father Daniel Mary. The vision is to create a new Mount Carmel in the Rocky Mountains to become a new home for the brotherhood which is a much bigger place that would include accommodations for 30 monks, a Gothic church, a convent for Carmelite nuns, a retreat center for lay visitors and a hermitage. The vision for the Mystic Monk Coffee is to segment the majority of U.S. Catholic population who drank coffee and to support the monastery’s mission. The mission of the Carmelite Monks of Wyoming is just like the other monks, dedicating their life to prayer and worship.
2. Does it appear that Father Daniel Mary has set definite objectives and performance targets for achieving his vision?
* Yes, the group believes that Father Daniel Mary has clearly set his goals and used this as a basis in choosing steps in which they must undertake to achieve the said goals. Unfortunately, how the definite the vision is, it seems like the resources is not enough and the timing is lousy.
3. What is Father Prior’s strategy for achieving his vision? What competitive advantage might Mystic Monk Coffee’s strategy produce?
* The strategy of Father Prior in order to achieve his vision is the coffee industry they called ‘Mystic Monk Coffee’. The competitive advantage MMC’s have against the competitors is the use of high-quality fair trade Arabica and an organic Arabica beans instead of just using one (Robusta or Arabica), they used mixed beans. Another is the specialty flavours like Mystical Chants of Carmel, Cowboy Blend, Royal Rum Pecan, and Mystic Monk Blend. Moreover,...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document