My Ideal Community
By Samuel Lopes
Presented to 2E and Mrs Richardson
How did I decide on my Ideal
A Community is
simply a representation
of the people Community in it.
So, it makes sense to Ideology
think that my
community is a
representation of my
beliefs and principles, andCommunity will be the
For same example, focus
forI will everyone on Jobs and government
presenting on their as I think this is a area
thatparticular need to be drastically changed incommunity. order to show
Ideal equality and peace.
The Structure of Education
Our current education system leaves students to find there own way when applying for jobs relying on standardised testing and qualifications, leaving no room for creativity or inspiration, and no room for failure or a bad job.
My system lets all students apply for jobs while in secondary school and provides a safety net for failed application. There would be one specific job per town/city and for labour or work deemed monotonous groups of
5. There is a gentle transition from school to work. Jobs and Employment Opportunities
• Jobs have availability in every city and towns, and students have the option to continue their education with specialist training in their fields and would make a balanced job landscape. During the training, you would be paid half your full salary.
• There would be no dismissal from a job unless a employee neglected his duties grossly and would then be required to retake his training along with a dismissal course.
• This would ensure a stable and working economy for all and would promote equality as everyone is important in this community.
My ideal healthcare would be a lot like the NHS, but with specific criteria of whether you would had to pay for treatment:
• If you were hurt or injured by a result of neglect of someone else’s job, you would not have to pay and the person responsible would have to pay the price of healthcare, go on a dismissal course and retake his training.
• If you were hurt because of your own fault then you would have to pay the full price of your healthcare • If you have a illness of natural causes, the cost of healthcare would be free.
As you can see,, there are many criteria which also serve as a punishments for wrongdoing resulting in physical injury, keeping taxes to the state low and keeps the economy stable
Crime, Punishment and Justice
Two central elements grafted from policing— problem solving and community orientation— animate community justice. The approach, which is proactive rather than focused on criminal events, is handled on a case-by-case basis.
In exercising conventional formal control, the justice system functions as a force acting upon the community, whereas in a community justice model it is a resource to strengthen and support the community in dealing with crime and disorder.
Can It Work?
Particularly for practitioners who wish to develop community justice initiatives, it is important to note that there is no standard formula for adopting the principles. The design will depend on the nature of community organizations, justice system