What is sound proofing?
* Soundproofing is any means of reducing the sound pressure with respect to a specific sound source and receptor * There are several basic approaches to reducing sound : incresing the distance between source and receiver, using noise barriers to reflect or absorb the energy of the sound waves , using damping structures such as sound baffles, or using active antinoise sound generators.
* To soundproof the room.
* Enhance the surround sound.
* Cheap and simple Materials to use.
* Simple Sound Proofing.
III. The Room
Ace’s Family room located at Merville Village Parañaque.
IV. Floor Plan
Wall Height = 10ft
Number of windows = 5 windows
Dimensions 3 X 2 meters
Sheet Block – a special vinyl designed to act as an effective sound isolation barrier. (Doors/Windows) *
Acoustic Foam-Reduces or eliminates echoes and background noises by controlling the reverberation that sound can make by bouncing off the walls (Walls/Ceilling) *
Duct ape –Adhesive Tape
Sheet Block – costs 5,640 php per 4X8 Ft
Acoustic Foam – 2 inch , case of 8 13,725 php
Duct tape = 3D brand Costs 150 php (Ace Hardware)
Where to buy the Following materials
http://www.soundprooffoam.com/Guide_to_Soundproofing_a_Killer_Home_Theater.html (through shipping) *
Wilcon Depot Philippines (the price varies with the brand) (the given brand is Quiet Barrier and Soft Sound Foam resp.)
There are two ways that sheet block can be used. It can either be used as a sound barrier for a door or a window. Using Sheet Block on a door:
1. Measure the dimensions of the door to be covered.
2. Attach the sheet block to the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document