Multinational Companies in Bangladesh
Bangladesh Is a developing country of Asia. There are many multinational companies doing business based on peoples’ choice and demand in Bangladesh. Some of the most important multinational companies are as follows. 1.Nestle Bangladesh: Nestle is the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company founded in 1866 * Its head office located in Geneva, Switzerland.
* Nestle started official production activities in Bangladesh in 1994 * It has a factory in Gazipur where many Nestle products locally produced such as Maggi noodles. * It directly employed over 500 people and indirectly few thousand people working in Nestle product supply and distribution channels in Bangladesh. * Nestle has a verity of products. Its main products are nutrition products. Foods, and beverage. Some of Nestle's popular products in Bangladesh are: -Nido Milk Powder
* Its slogan is “Good food, Good life”.
* Nestle has its corporate office in Bangladesh located at Gulshan Tower (4th Floor), Plot 31, Road 53,Gulshan North C/A, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh. 2. British American tobacco: British American Tobacco (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company, * It is the world’s second-largest tobacco company by sales. * Its head quarter is in London, united kingdom.
* BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries. * Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans. * British American Tobacco Bangladesh, a market leader in the country, is a subsidiary of British American Tobacco Company. * Operating in Bangladesh since pre-independence, the company headquarters and cigarette factory are based in Dhaka, with a tobacco leaf processing operation in Kushtia. * The company employs more than 1300 people and provides indirect employment to a further 24,500 farmers, distributors, and suppliers. * BAT got high reputation of making high quality cigarette brands. like:: 1.Benson & Hedges (Regular & Lights)
2.State express 555
3. John player Gold Leaf (Regular & Lights)
4. Star, Scissors and Capstan families of brand. Products of BAT.
3. Standard Chartered is a British multinational banking and financial services company.
* Its headquarter is in London, United Kingdom.
* It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries. * Standard chartered employs around 87,000 people.
* It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. * Standard Chartered Bank is an international bank in Bangladesh with 26 Branches, 57 ATMs and 7 Financial Kiosks. * They have their presence in 6 cities across the country - Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna, Sylhet, Bogra and Narayanganj, including the offshore banking units inside Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ) and Chittagong Export Processing Zone (CEPZ). * Continuous upgrading of technology and control systems has enabled the bank to offer new and improved services such as Phonebanking, I-banking, e-Lending. * its principle office in Bangladesh is in 67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
4. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Bangladesh Limited: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Bangladesh Limited is a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc- one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. GSK Bangladesh's portfolio includes both pharmaceutical products and consumer products. * It is a British multinational pharmaceutical, biologics, vaccines and consumer healthcare company. * Its headquarter is in London, United Kingdom.
* It is theworld's fourth-largest pharmaceutical company measured by 2009 prescription drug sales * GSK has a...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document