COURSE: MBA – 670
OPERATIONS & QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Title: MITSIDES, SAMUEL & ASSOCIATES
MITSIDES, SAMUEL &
ΤEL.: 22-670515, FAX: 22-673387
P.O BOX: 21017,
1500 NICOSIA - CYPRUS
Name: Elena Kousiappi
Student ID: U084N0830
1. Description of the operation
2. The 4Vs Profile of MSA
3. The strategic role and objectives of operations
4. Process Type of the Operation
5. Process Mapping and Supply Network Design
6. Layout and Flow
7. Process Technology
8. Job Design
9. The nature of planning and Control
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE OPERATION
Mitsides, Samuel and Associates is offering Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy Services for a variety of projects since 1977 and its main ability is to carry out with Design and Building of important projects. This includes Larnaca and Paphos Airport terminal building, undertaken in association with DSA Engineers in London and designing and construction of the University of Cyprus Athletic Centre, the University of Cyprus Learning Resource Centre being designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel.
This company is committed to provide top – class engineering solutions with particular attention to energy saving protection to the Environment and to use art high technology and timely execution of work in accordance with client and Lead Consultant
The company starts its work by contacting a contest to find the Mechanical and Engineering Contractors and the Quantity Surveyors who will work on the project. Moreover, by using its well trained and qualified Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and Technicians with experience in Building Services Drafting (Staff), they are transforming the Architectural Drawings with special equipment, Mechanical and Electrical Estimating and Design Programs and they complete the operation processes with satisfied customers. |Transformed Resources |
|Customers (developers) |
|Architectural drawings |
|Transforming Resources |
|Office Equipment (copiers, scanners etc) |
|Computer Softwares |
2. THE 4V’S PROFILE OF MITSIDES SAMUEL AND ASSOCIATES
1. The Volume of this operation is relatively low due to the fact that in offering Mechanical and Engineering building advices means that in each case designing how the building should be according to customers specifications means that repetition of the same work is rare.
2. The Variety is most of the times high because the customers needs vary and that gives them the opportunity and flexibility to change anything in architectural drawings that has to do with customizing the building.
3. The Variation in demand is relatively low due to the fact that even if the construction of buildings is increasing the whole procedure doesn’t stands to seasonality changes.
4. The Visibility is low because constructing a building has a long procedure so if this operation has authorization to inspect if the procedure is completed successfully then the customers will not have to be physical presented during construction.
3. THE STRATEGIC ROLE AND OBJECTIVES OF OPERATIONS
For representing the performance objectives of the operation we use a Polar Diagram so we will represent which strategy the business is following. In order to draw the polar diagram for the selected operations the following analysis has to be made
Quality: For this operation accomplishing the design and construction of a building means that they give high importance to provide quality services due to the fact that offering...
References: ▪ Nigel Slack, Stuart Chambers, Robert Johnson (2007), Operations Management, fifth edition, Essex:Pearson
Please join StudyMode to read the full document