Natural Forces Affecting the Driver Vocabulary: Please define six (6) of the following terms in your own words. Please do not just copy and paste the definition. 1. Gravity-
3. Potential Energy-
4. Kinetic Energy-
7. Centrifugal Force-
8. Centripetal Force-
10. Force of impact-
Signs, Signals & Pavement Markings
1. Explain the purpose of the following
A. The difference between solid and broken lines is:
B. Yellow lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: C. White lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow:
2. Observe and describe the different signs in YOUR city. Give specific examples of each (include color, shape, what the sign is for, etc.). A. A regulatory sign:
B. A motorist services sign:
C. A recreational sign:
D. A sign that you know what it means because of its shape:
*If each of the above signs do not appear in your town then describe any 3 different types you see in your community.
3. Explain 3 interesting or important facts from Module 3 and 4. A.
Module 3 & 4
Module 3: Natural Forces Affecting the Driver Vocabulary: Please define six (6) of the following terms in your own words. Please do not just copy and paste the definition. 1. Gravity-Is the force that attracts towards the center of the earth. 2. Inertia-When something is remained unchanged
3. Potential Energy-the amount of energy that an object may have because of its position 4. Kinetic Energy-The amount of energy an object can have due to its motion. 5. Friction-the rubbing of two surfaces sliding together
6. Traction-The grip of the tire on a road
7. Centrifugal Force- a force that causes an object moving in a circular path to move out and away from the center of its own path already. 8. Centripetal Force-a force that pulls an object that's moving in a circular motion going towards the center 9. Deceleration-To go slower
10. Force of impact-The speed or force of an object when hitting another object.