Time: 60 minutes(11 am - 12 noon) Class- IX F.M - 180(+3/-1 system)
Declaration of Result in the internet(www.theuranium.org) : 15.03.2011
(There are 60 MCQs and each has one correct answer. You are required to darken the appropriate circle in the OMR answer sheet with the help of a HB pencil. Eraser can be used to change any answer. Note that improper darkening will make your answer sheet invalid by the computer. 3 marks will be given for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Ball point pen can be used for darkening but once darkened cannot be erased)
(Uploading of correct answer in the internet: 07.02.2011)
1. Which of the following compound on boiling with water produces ammonia gas
(a) Mg3N2 (b) NH4Cl (c) NaNO2 (d) only (a) and (b)
2. Which of the following is not a redox reaction (equations are not balanced)
(a) Sn + NaOH → Na2SnO3 + H2 (b) NH4NO3 → N2O + H2O
(c) PbO + KOH → K2PbO2 + H2O (d) Ca(OCl)Cl + NH3→ CaCl2 + N2 + H2O
3. Which of the following reaction is not possible under standard conditions( 250C and 1 atm. pressure)?
(a) Fe + ZnO → Fe2O3 + Zn (c) Cu + AgNO3 → Ag + Cu(NO3)2 (c)Al + Mn3O4 → Mn + Al2O3 (d) Ca + NaCl → CaCl2 + Na
4. Which of the following will not react with conc. NaOH ?
(a) Zn(OH)2 (b) PbO (c) Al(OH)3 (d) Mg(OH)2 5. A white solid(X) on treatment with dilute HCl produces a reddish brown gas. The compound (X) gives a pungent smelling gas (Y) on heating with NaOH soluion. (Y) turns red litmus paper blue and forms a dense white fumes while a glass rod dipped in conc. HCl is shown over it. Then compound (X) is
(a) NH4NO3 (b) NH4NO2 (c) NaNO2 (d) NH4Br
6. Cupric sulphate solution reacts with potassium ferrocyanide solution to give a chocolate brown precipitate.
The formula of the precipitate and the name of the reaction respectively are
(a) Cu2[Fe(CN)6], redox (b) Cu3[Fe(CN)6]2, non-redox