Reading (3 marks each)
Total 60 marks
1. a (commerce) 2. b (rainy)
3. a (adjective)
4. d (kind)
5. d Paragraph 5
6. a (compare)
7. 19 °C – 35 °C 8. 25 °C – 35 °C
9. 2.5 cm
10. 150 cm
Writing 1: Writing Sentences (5 sentences, 3 marks each - total of 15 marks) Note:
* One sentence MUST be passive for a full mark – if not half the mark * One sentence MUST use a relative pronoun for a full mark – if not half the mark * Altogether THREE sentences MUST be compound – if not half the mark * TWO sentences MUST be simple. – if not half the mark
Every sentence gets 3 marks: 0 or 1 for Meaning, 0 or 1 for Vocabulary, 0 or 1 for Grammar
| MeaningComplete sentence that has meaning related to the prompt
| Vocabulary Accurate and specific word choice that fully describes the picture, the situation
| Grammar Gender, pronouns, person agreement, tense, plural, etc., must all be correct.
ABOVE BULLETS ARE APPLICABLE TO BOTH WRITING 1 AND 2!
- Any written piece that might reflect any of the following will be scored Zero - Canned (sentences/ essays)
- Romanized Arabic (sentences/ essays)
- Memorized (sentence/ essays)
- Clichés (sentences/ essays)
- Copying the prompts or chunks from other parts of the text Writing 2: Essay / Research Report (25 marks)
| Grammar / Syntax
| Spelling / Punctuation
| Writes with a clear purpose.A range of ideas that are well structured.
| Writes using a combination of sentences – simple, compound and complex where meaning is clear.Maybe be some minor errors.
| A wide range of accurate and appropriate word choices that fully express...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document