1) When Molly 's parents retired, they decided they wanted to travel. They found an ideal job that allows them to travel for free, but the only catch is they have to stay at Holiday Inns. During each stay, they test all the amenities offered by the motel and evaluate each. The evaluation forms are sent to the motel headquarters where it becomes part of the motel 's __________ systems.
2) Which of the following is NOT a step that might be used to improve the quality of a firm 's marketing intelligence?
3) Small companies can engage is marketing research in a number of creative and inexpensive ways, including _______________.
4) Rita Jenkins, president of the local Chamber of Commerce, had difficulty getting members to assist in running the organization. She felt it was because of lack of commitment to the Chamber. Her vice-president felt it was due to having too many meetings. The organization 's secretary felt it was because there were several other professional organizations to which the members also belonged. If Rita wants to do research to determine the real reason why members do not want to run for office, she should begin by ________________.
5) The second step in the marketing research process is ______________.
6) All of the following are steps in the marketing research process EXCEPT:
7) The last step in marketing research is developing the research plan.
8) Marketing information systems are developed from internal company records, marketing intelligence, and marketing research.
9) The systematic collection, analysis, and reporting of data and findings relevant to specific marketing situations is called marketing research.
10) ______________ is the difference between a prospective customer 's evaluation of all the benefits and costs of an offering and the perceived alternatives.
11) Lowe 's home improvement stores strive to have