1) Which of the following is an example of primary data that would be used by Topps card company to determine popularity of its new hologram baseball card series?
A. Data from sales records kept by exclusive dealers of Topp’s hologram series
B. Sales records for baseball cards gathered by the industry’s trade council.
C. Input from focus groups that was put together specifically to discuss their perception of popularity of the hologram card series.
D. An article about the hologram cards in a recent issue of Sports Illustrated
2) The systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of data and findings relevant to a specific marketing situation facing the company is termed _______________.
A. Marketing research
B. Top management
C. Marketing intelligence
D. The sales reporting system
3) Small companies can engage is marketing research in a number of creative and inexpensive ways, including _______________.
A. Buying information from database companies like A.C. Nielsen
B. Using an online information service such as the internet
C. Using its own internal marketing research department
D. Setting up their own web site
4) The step in the marketing research process that includes determining who will be sampled is to _______________.
A. Develop the research plan
B. Make the decision based on the project outcomes
C. Collect the information
D. Define the problem and research objectives
5) Rita Jenkins, president of the local Chamber of Commerce, had difficulty getting members to assist in running the organization. She felt it was because of lack of commitment to the Chamber. Her vice-president felt it was due to having too many meetings. The organization’s secretary felt it was because there were several other professional organizations to which the members also belonged. If Rita wants to do research to determine the