MKT 465: Ch 3 part 2
Brand Value Chain is the Structured approach to assessing the source and outcome of Brand Equity and the manner by which marketing activities create Brand Value.
• This model helps to understand the ROI on investment.
• Brand Value Chain is the means to trace the value creation process for brands to better understand financial impacts of brand marketing investments and expenditures: • As in Where and How value is
Number of linking factors/Mul tiplier intervene between these stages and determine the extent to which value created at one stage transfers to the next stage Value Stages:
1. Marketing Program
2. Customer Mind Set: knowledge and feelings
3. Market Performance: as a reflection to the mind set
4. Shareholder Value: based on the market performance
1. Marketing Program Investment:
Marketing Mix (8 p’s) related strategies that can contribute to Brand Value development.
Research etc Quality but Quantity (investment amount) of these Progs play the major role.
Program Quality Multiplier
The ability of the Marketing Progs to affect the Mind set (stage2) depends on its Quality.
Quality Judgment Criteria: DRIVE
• Distinctiveness : Uniqueness, Creativeness, Differentiating factors of the progs
• Relevance: meaningful/relevant to cus
• Integrated: ability to create an impact. Integration with present n past progs
• Value: ST or LT profitability or Equity
• Excellence: standard/ state of the art
2: Customer Mind Set: with respect to a brand
Mind Set includes: Thoughts, Feelings, Experiences, Images,
Perceptions, Beliefs and Attitudes. Marketing Prog can have an affect on these
Measures of Mind Set: 5 A’s
• Brand Awareness: extent and ease to which customers
Recall and Recognize
• Brand Association: Strengths, Favorability and
Uniqueness of perceived attributes and benefits: key source of
Brand Value as they are the means by which