MGT 521 FINAL EXAMS
1) John writes a memo to his employees. Putting his thoughts onto paper is an example of
2) Chantel received an invitation to a web meeting that will take place at 3:00 p.m. She accepted the invitation. This is an example of
A. formal channels of communication
B. spontaneous communication
C. feedback as a function of communication
D. informal channels of communication
3) You are doing research on political issues and find that you are on a conservative leaning site. What type of source credibility issue is this?
4) When reviewing an educational math website, you find the author’s background is in English. What type of source credibility issue is this?
5) A famous ice cream manufacturer sent workers to a nearby grocery store to offer shoppers a sample of its new flavor. The workers provided samples to 300 shoppers and noted that 80% of the sample population stated they liked the flavor. Based on this scenario, which of the following is an example of an inference?
A. Workers provided samples to 300 shoppers.
B. 20 percent of the sample population did not like the new flavor or were indifferent.
C. The ice cream manufacturer began producing the new ice cream flavor and offered it in stores.
D. The workers were offering samples to see if the general public liked the new flavor.
6) Persuading or convincing others to accept your argument means the reasoning must be logical. Which of the following is an example of logical flaws or fallacies?
A. Opposing views are considered
B. Hasty Generalization
C. Argument presents alternative explanations
D. Reasoning from specific evidence
7) What is the best way for the CEO to deal with managers in key positions who continue to resist a major change?
A. Minimize their interactions with fellow employees and work around them
B. Replace them with people who will support the change
C. Give them space and hope they will come to see why the change was necessary
D. Keep increasing the pressure on them to support the change
8) Finding a win-win solution that allows parties who are involved to have their goals achieved is an example of
C. team building
MGT 521 Final Exam
9) What is emphasized more in ethical leadership theories than in transformational leadership?
A. Leader values
B. Leader behaviors
C. Leader skills
D. Leader traits
10) Ethical behavior and integrity for a leader is most likely to result in
A. higher unit performance
B. higher performance ratings for the leader by bosses
C. higher subordinate satisfaction and trust
D. less stress for the leader
11) A common characteristic of most entrepreneurs is that they
A. accept the risks involved in starting and managing a business
B. have a high level of scientific and technical expertise
C. possess a great deal of personal wealth
D. have experience in running large, complex organizations
12) In order to make an intelligent investment decision, entrepreneurs should
A. limit their options to those business investments that are backed by theU.S.government
B. invest in businesses that have generated a stable rate of profit for at least the past ten years
C. invest only in business opportunities where it is possible to take an active role in management
D. compare the risks of potential investments to their expected profits and find the right balance between profit and risk
13) The customers, employees, stockholders, suppliers, creditors, and others who stand to gain or lose by the policies and activities of a business represent the firm's
Please join StudyMode to read the full document