Maybelline target market research
Maybelline is an international cosmetic brand, now owned by L'Oreal that has been created originally in 1915 by its founder chemist T.L. Williams when he was only in his twenties. Williams was inspired by his younger sister after noticing her applying a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to her eyelashes to get a fuller darker look, and that is when he adapted this idea and started applying it in his small laboratory, and started growing bigger from there until Maybelline became an internationally recognized name in beauty industry.
Maybelline uses different types of media to promote for their high quality products, such as television, magazine advertisements as well as online marketing.
They also distribute their products to major retailers including drugstores, discount stores, and super as well as cosmetic stores.
Maybelline hires famous female figures as company representatives to boost their marketing strategies, such as Julia Stegner, Jessica White, Erin Wasson, Kemp Muhl and Emily DiDonato.
“You’ve got to understand your target market, if you don’t understand them, you won’t know where to find them, what they’re looking for and what they respond to” Lea Woodward
Researching target market is what helps any company find the people who are interested in the services or products the company offers. By researching target market, companies gather systematic information, recordings and data relevant to the products they are selling or the service they are offering, to be able to be able to make the right decisions about the business and find out more about people who might be especially interested in what they offer. By identifying potential costumers, companies can improve their strategies, and provide better services to please current consumers, and target new ones.
There are two types of costumers to be targeted, individual costumers or other businesses.
For a company such as Maybelline cosmetic...
Bibliography: • P.Kotler, G.Armostrong, V.Wong, J.Saunders Principles of marketing (fifth European edition)
• Lea Woodward http://freelanceswitch.com/the-business-of-freelancing/7-ways-to-research-your-freelancing-target-markets/ [Accessed 10 April 15, 2011]
• http://learn.senecac.on.ca/~ekbingham/Channels.pdf [Accessed 10 April 15, 2011]
• http://www.maybelline.com [Accessed 13 April 15, 2011]
• http://www.maybelline.co.uk [Accessed 13 April 15, 2011]
• http://www.va-interactive.com [Accessed 13 April 15, 2011]
• http://beauty.about.com [Accessed 11 April 15, 2011]
• Marketing Research and information system. I.M Crawford.
• (http://books.google.com/books?id=ns8_OpkPUi8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=market+research&hl=en&ei=emmlTYOJOobWrQeGoNT9CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CEoQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=market%20) [Accessed 11 April 15, 2011]
• http://www.slideshare.net/Iampinkcrystal/maybelline [Accessed 10 April 15, 2011]
Please join StudyMode to read the full document