Matty Doolin: 700 Headwords
Author: Oxford Bookworms Library
Summary: Matty is fifteen and is leaving school in a few weeks time. He wants to work with animal, and would like to get a job on a farm. But his parents say he is too young to leave home - he must stay in the town and get a job in ship-building, like his father. They also say he can't go on a camping holiday with his friends. And they say he can't keep his dog, Nelson, because Nelson barks all day and eats his father's shoes. But it is because of Nelson that Matty finds a new life026
The Plot: is very nice and easy, so I could follow easily the plot of this novel.
1) The main character in the story is a boy his name is Matty and he is fifteen years old, who has a dog his name is Nelson. 2) The second main character is Nelson, because of Nelson that Matty finds a new life. Basically, it all began because of Nelson. 3) Matty's parents, Mr. And Mrs. Doolin, especially his mother Mrs. Doolin, that she pushed Nelson out into the street, so Nelson died because of her, but she didn't mean that, she was angry from Matty because Matty stayed out all day, and the dog was barking for hours while she was waiting for him, so she pushed Nelson out into the street, then the car hit him. 4) Mr. Funnell. He was Matty's teacher in the school, but he also helped the children to find jobs when they left school. 5) Willie and Joe, they are Matty's friends. Also, the camping holiday was Willies's plan. He, Matty, and Joe were best friends. 6) Mr. Walsh, the farmer and Mrs. Walsh and her daughter Jessica, and Mr. Walsh's the two sheep dogs, the bigger dog her name is Betsy and the other one, her son, Prince.
1) Staying out all day including the story of Nelson's death. 2) Going for their first long walk.
3) The storms story.
4) The Matty's first real day on a farm.
5) Matty and Jessica, having a talk in the barn.
6) The story of Matty and Jessica's adventure...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document