8th Maths Practice Paper-1
1. An altitude of a triangle is 5/3 of its corresponding base. If the altitude were increased by
4cm and the base decreased by 2cm, the area of the triangle would remain the same. Find the base and altitude of the triangle. 2. Some toffees are bought at the rate of 11 for Rs10 and same numbers are bought at the
rate of 9 for Rs 10. If the whole lot is sold at one rupee per toffee, find the gain or loss percent. 3. Chandu purchased a watch at 20% discount on its marked price but sold it at marked price.
Find the gain percent of Chandu on this transaction.
4. A motorboat covers a certain distance downstream in a river in five hours. It covers the same distance upstream in five hours and half. The speed of water is 1.5 km/hr. Find the speed of the boat in still water. 5. Factorize:
(ii) x6 – 3x4y2 +3x2y4 –y6
6. Evaluate: (367/2 –369/2)/ 365/2
7. Divide 34x-22x3-12x4-10x2-75 by (3x+7) and check your answer.
8. The digit in the tens place of a number is three times that in the ones place. If the digits are reversed, the new number will be 36 less than the original number. Find the number. 9. A well is dug 20m deep and it has a diameter 7m. The earth, which is so dug out, is spread out on a rectangular plot 22m long and 14m broad. What is the height of the platform so formed? 10. The total surface area of a hollow cylinder open at both ends is 4620sqcm, area of the base ring is 115.5sqcm and height 7cm. find the thickness of the cylinder.
11. A hemispherical bowl is made of steel 0.5cm thick. The inside radius of the bowl is 4cm.
Find the volume of steel used in making the bowl.
12. A circus tent is cylindrical up to a height of 3m and conical above it .If the radius of the base is 49m and the slant height of the conical part is 53m, find the total canvas required to make the tent. 13. A storage tank consists of a circular cylinder with hemispherical...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document