Math 1210 Summer 2012
SHOW WORK!!!! (No Work, No Credit)
Estimate the indicated probability. 1) The table shows the number of college students who prefer a given pizza topping. toppings freshman sophomore cheese 14 16 meat 19 26 veggie 16 14 junior 20 16 19 senior 26 14 26
Determine the empirical probability that a student prefers cheese toppings.
Find the probability. 2) A bag contains 2 red marbles, 4 blue marbles, and 8 green marbles. What is the probability of choosing a blue marble?
3) Determine the probability that the spinner lands on white.
4) A class consists of 23 women and 83 men. If a student is randomly selected, what is the probability that the student is a woman?
5) A fair die is rolled. What is the probability of rolling a 3 or a 4?
6) A card is drawn at random from a well-shuffled deck of 52 cards. What is the probability of drawing a face card or a 3?
7) A bag contains 8 red marbles, 2 blue marbles, and 1 green marble. What is the probability of choosing a marble that is not blue?
Find the odds. 8)
What are the odds in favor of spinning a D on this spinner?
9) A number cube labeled with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 is tossed. What are the odds in favor of the cube showing a number less than 3?
Solve the problem. 10) The odds in favor of a horse winning a race are posted as 9 : 4. Find the probability that the horse will win the race.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document