submitted at the
Vietnam University of Commerce
IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems
Hoang Viet Thanh
15th April 2013
Credit Risk Management at Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam Limited.
In Vietnam, the economy developed through past year. Along with such development, many financial institutions have been established. The competition between banks is very drastic to gain more customers and capital including Standard Chartered Vietnam. When looked generally into banking finance status, almost the total assess of financial institution has come from lending, about 60% - 70%. The reason of banking bankruptcy in Vietnam comes from non-performance loans. Vietnam has been experienced bankruptcy of deposit foundation in 1990s, special operations observation in 2000s for some commercial banks or the biggest merger and acquisition in 2012 between SHB (Saigon - Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank) and Habubank (Hanoi Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank). Therefore, lending operation is one of the hardest operations of bank. Credit Risk Management is very important for every bank to maintain the existence in this economic environment.
* What are the reasons that create the credit risk?
* How does credit risk affect to bank operations?
* How is the actual story of banking credit risk management at Commercial Banks in Vietnam, especially at Standard Chartered Vietnam? * What can we minimize the consequences of credit risk at Standard Chartered Vietnam?
* To indentify the influences of Credit Risk to financial institutions? * To clarify the Credit Management in Vietnam, especially at Standard Chartered Vietnam. * To identify the position of Standard Chartered Vietnam in Credit Healthy. * To evaluate the manner of Standard Chartered Vietnam in Credit Risk...
References: 1. Elizabeth Mays, 1999. Credit Risk Modeling. AMACOM. 221pp.
2. Wikipedia, 2012. Credit Risk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_risk, Accessed on 06th April 2013.
3. Dr. Nguyen Minh Kieu, 2006. Credit and Appraisal. Financial Publisher. 444 pp.
4. Le Van Te, 2009. Banking Credit. Transportation Publisher. 276 pp.
5. Dr. Nguyen Minh Kieu, 2009. Financial Risk Management. 492 pp.
6. Standard Chartered Vietnam, 2012. Internal Process of Lending. SCB VN. 72 pp.
7. Standard Chartered Vietnam, 2013. Vietnam Banking Field Overview. SCB VN. 16 pp.
8. Nguyen Dinh Tho, 2011. Research Methodology in Business. Labor and Social Affairs Publisher. 592 pp.
9. Cafef, 2013. 2012 Non-Performance Loan of Vietnam Overview. http://cafef.vn/tai-chinh-ngan-hang/tinh-hinh-no-xau-cac-ngan-hang-20121106065835302ca34.chn, Accessed on 7th April 2013.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document