Marketing Research & Communications (2)
On completion of this Lecture and Unit 9 of the text, you should be able to: Define marketing research and understand the need for it
Describe the link between marketing research and decision-making
Understand the key roles of marketing research
Describe the challenges and limitations in marketing research
Understand key ethical considerations
UNIT 9 (P.95)
Business Research Methods.
Your Dissertation is actually very similar a marketing research project. Unit 9 1/17
Unit 9 2/17
Customer databases 1
Questionnaire Design, Sampling
Methods, Sample Size, Data
- Graphical / Table Presentation/ Statistical
- Hypothesis Testing
- Correlation and regression analysis
- Reliability Test, Factor Analysis etc.
Marketing Research collection, analysis and communication of information, undertaken
How to present the conclusions and recommendation to management?
- Research Report
- Oral Presentation
Just another definition.
4 main types of data used to construct a database:
1. Behavioural data about customers actions and interaction with the organisation e.g. they are data about consumers' buying habits, brand preferences, and product usage.
2. Volunteered data surveys and questionnaires
3. Attributed data from marketing research studies. They are data that represents an individual characteristic or a count. Examples : the presence or absence of a required label on a product, no. of people goes to movie no average or ranking
4. Profile data linking with other sources geodemographic profiling systems, lifestyle databases
Unit 9 P.95
Let me show you an example of a SPSS data set - a collection of related information
This is the role to provide high quality of information to management.
Unit 9 3/17