Word Count : 6138.
1, What is marketing principles –Definition and concept.
2. Marketing Strategy- Definition and importance.
3. Marketing Plan and it’s contents.
4. Example of writing marketing report. ( NIVEA FOR MEN )
5.Five years planning – Explanation and it’s components.
5. Sample five years strategic marketing report. ( imaginary company- Global Tourism (UK)Ltd.)
6. Marketing orientation- definition. Advantage and disadvantage.
7. Example of a market orientated company & it’s financial and strategic cost analysis.
8. Conclusion and outcomes of the assignment .
9. References. ( Books and online resources.)
Marketing Principles- Marketing Principles are the combination of Marketing strategies and the need of the customers. Marketing principles form the widely agreed upon basis of most product promotion strategies. Most businesses use a variety of marketing principles in order to optimize the market performance of existing products and to successfully launch products into a new market where there is customers need for these products.
Marketing Principles study contains-
• Marketing research. (External and internal forces )
• Managing Customers and study their buying behaviour.
• Promotion of the product and Pricing.
• Marketing Management ( That includes Marketing strategy, Marketing mix, SWOT analysis ).
Before we start discussing marketing principles, we have to know What exactly Marketing is.
Definition of Marketing :
Marketing is defined as the process of determining the needs and wants of consumers and being able to deliver products that satisfy those needs and wants. Marketing includes all of the activities necessary to move a product from the producer to the consumer. Think of marketing as a bridge
References: : 1. http://www.netmba.com/marketing/concept/ ( for marketing concept) 2. Marketing Strategy and Management . Author – Michael J Baker. ( page- 11, 12 , 13 and then 36. 38 and 40. ) 3.Principles of Marketing. Author : Adrian Palmer. (page –Introduction, 5, 6 and 7. ) 4. http://www.knowthis.com/principles-of-marketing-tutorials/how-to-write-a-marketing-plan/ ( for preparing the formal marketing report/ outlines only). 5. http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=397345§ion=3.3 ( for marketing orientation study ) 6. http://www.slideshare.net/bhushiii/nivea-for-men ( For NIVEA FOR MEN case study). Prepared by : S. Bhattacharjee.. ( PGDM/ ICM) ----------------------- Page | 2