Duong Khang Thanh
NTT Institute of International Education
6th Jan 2012
International School of Hospitality Studies
Marketing plan evaluation
Located at 253 Nguyen Van Troi street, a focal point of the bustling Phu Nhuan District, the Moevenpick Hotel Saigon is a 10-minute drive from Tan Son Nhat International Airport. The city centre can be reached in 20 minutes, moreover, this hotel is on the main street to the city center with many financial buildings and banks, this is a huge advantage for Moevenpick Hotel in attracting businessmen and companies.
Source : http://www.maps.google.com
Moevenpick Hotel Saigon is the most completed facilities business hotel with large parking area, up to 20 cars in the front and 10 more slots at the back yard. There are 2 meeting rooms, 1 executive boardroom, 1 ballroom with the capacity of 450 seats, 1 business center with high-speed internet access, printers, photocopiers and so on, which can satisfy any special requirements. The other facilities in the Hotel also play important parts in the hotel performance such as : Swimming Pool on the 3rd floor, Slate The Bar, Chinese Restaurant (Lotus Court), Japanese Restaurant (IKI), Western Restaurant (Cafe Saigon), Cay Da Cafe.... Moreover, this hotel has 276 nice rooms for guests to stay in both short-term and long-term business trip.
II. SWOT analysis
1. Famous brand :
Moevenpick Hotels and Resorts is an international hotel chain which is 38 years old, includes 90 properties in 29 countries in EU, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Being a part of Moevenpick Group brings Moevenpick Hotel Saigon a great advantage in attracting loyal guests as well as new new guests due to its reliable well-known brand.
2. Great facilities:
* 278 well-appointed rooms and suites
* Grand ballroom with 450 guests capacity
* 2 meeting rooms and 1 executive boardroom
* Executive club lounge
* Well-equipped business center
* Swimming pool
* Bar, Fitness center, Spa, Casino
* Western, Japanese and Chinese restaurants
* Spacious parking area
3. Exceptional services :
* Moevenpick Hotel Saion is an upscale business hotel with exceptional 5 star services: * Multilingual staff
* Medical center
* Laundry service
* Babysitting on request
* Foreign currency exchange
* All major credit cards accepted
* Secretarial services
* 24 hours room service
* 24 hours reception
* 24 hours security
* Baggage service
* Transportation service
4. Good location :
* Located on Nguyen Van Troi, the main financial street of HCMC with many banks and offices * To Tan Son Nhat airport : 2.5 Km – 10 minutes
* To Ben Thanh market : 4.5 Km – 18 minutes
* To supermarket BigC : 900m – 4 minutes
5. Competitive price:
* Superior : US$130
* Executive : US$180
* Deluxe : US$170
6. Well-trained staffs: there are a high number of staffs that have been working for over 5 years.
7. Wealthy investment from VinaCapital:
VinaCapital is the leading investment management and real estate development firm focused on Vietnam. Therefore, the hotel is strongly supported with abundant financial resource which will help the hotel survive and operate stably before reaching the break-even point and then get profits from the upcoming time.
1. Location is quite far from the city center, 20 minutes by car, it will be a bit inconvenient for guests.
2. Low entry level requirements, apart from the managers positions which require certain certifications and experience, other positions of the hotel have rather low entry level requirements, such...
Bibliography: Case study:
Global Hospitality Industry, 5 (December 2011).
What is Employee Loyalty?, 4.3.3 (The Loyalty Research Center 2011).
Perpignani, R. (2011). Travel Business Analyst. France: Travel Business Analyst.
VNeconomy. (2010). Chiness travelers to VietNam.
VNeconomy. (2011, September 12). Global Growth Crisis. Retrieved Ferbruary 14, 2012, from http://vneconomy.vn/2011091206439609p0c99/the-gioi-da-sang-khung-hoang-tang-truong.htm
Please join StudyMode to read the full document