• One of the leading fully-integrated info-communication companies of Singapore is StarHub.
• This company is completely associated with the operations of telecommunications services.
• StarHub Ltd. offers a vast range of communications, entertainment and information services to both direct and corporate market consumers.
• It delivers the fastest mobile network services in Singapore and also offers multi channel satellite TV services. Besides these services, StarHub also provides high speed broadband services.
• StarHub was launched in the year 2000.
• The other services of the company comprise wholesale, date and voice services.
• StarHub has become the most successful and innovative info-communication service providers of Singapore.
Screening the Environment PEST Analysis
The Singapore Telecommunication Act of 1993 which is strictly adhered by StarHub. The government of the Republic of Singapore engages in minimal Internet filtering. StarHub is inline
• The Communications Act
• Environmental Concerns
• Internet Regulation
• Concerns over Radiation from Mobile Telephones
• Converged Regulation
• Telecommunications Ombudsman
• NTT Communications Corporation being a shareholder
• Fluctuations in the Economy
• Overall Economy of Singapore
• Living standards & earning capacity of consumers
• Foreign population within the country
• Level of growth within Singapore
Shift towards the Information Society
Mobile Society - Starhub's focus is on Prepaid subscribers Commercialization of the Home - "Hubbing" strategy proving strong for StarHub
Increasing Need for Communications - StarHub to benefit from enhanced mobile number portability
Internet at Home
Changing Population Demographics
Wireless and Mobile Communications
Establishing "procurement zones" that will change the way equipment is purchased and from whom Residential VoIP
Real-Time and On-Demand Communications - StarHub Pushes On Location SMS Advertising
StarHub is expanding their data transmission capabilities, known as "bandwidth," replacing copper wires with fiber optic cables
Marketing Mix of these year
Your marketing mix is a combination of marketing tools that are used to satisfy customers and company objectives. Consumers often call the marketing mix "the offering." Your offer is controlled by the following variables often referred to as the four Ps in marketing: • Product
• Place (Distribution)
Product – The products or services offered to your customer: Their physical attributes, what they do, how they differ from your competitors and what benefits they provide.
Price – How you price your product or service so that your price remains competitive but allows you to make a good profit.
Place (Also referred to as Distribution) – Where your business sells its products or services and how it gets those products or services to your customers.
Promotion – The methods used to communicate the features and benefits of your products or services to your target customers.
Attention Singapore: It’s time to HappyTalk.
HappyTalk gives all StarHub Mobile customers 3 ways to talk for free. Choose one – MyZone, MyTime or MyCircle, to enjoy an additional 300 minutes talk time on top of your existing mobile plan.
MyCircle - For the social creatures out there
You love chatting non-stop with your friends and you are always in the loop with what’s happening around you and your friends. Then MyCircle is for you. It lets you nominate 3 friends and enjoy FREE 300 minutes of additional talktime and 500 SMS/MMS to them.
MyTime – For the night owls
You are a creature of the night and you are most active...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document