DISTRIBUTION NETWORK OF
AMUL ICE CREAM
Jugal Piyush Thakkar
• Enhance sales of Ice creams & promotion of Amul.
• Understand the market demand.
• buyer-consumer relationship strategy followed by the
• Insight of the working trend of Amul
• Analyzing Supply Chain System of Amul.
• To provide any suggestions in the improvising of the
current system and contribute in making the same
• Amul has setup or hired 12 manufacturing Plants in
• From there ice cream is processed and kept with CnF
agents appointed by Amul.
• It is then forwarded to Distributors which then forwards to Outlets in particular area allocated.
• And then from outlets it finally reaches to consumer.
•Amul Representatives are appointed to check and supervise each and every link in distribution Network.
• The methodology followed in the internship was basically Field job.
• This included visit to the markets either with salesman or individually and observing the communication done
between the salesman and the retailer. Also
understanding the requirement of market.
• Personal visits to malls, market, shops, stalls situated in the various part of the city, including Ghatkopar,
Chembur, Tilaknagar, Govandi, Mankhurd and Vikhroli.
Every area differed from the other in respects of tastes and preferences.
Approaches to different segment.
Each retailer and their levels of satisfaction and dissatisfaction varied from one another with respect to the various aspects
involved in the sales and purchase, both from the supplier and consumer point of view .
I also got to know the tendency of ordering and behavioral of consumption of consumers.
From the areas visited, Mankhurd, Govandi and Tilaknagar
area was seen as “Bottom of Pyramid” for brand.
Local Brands in certain areas give stiff competition to Amul by adopting differential pricing strategy.
Conclusions and Recommendations
• Amul must consider the profit Margins offered by
different brands, to alter their own according to the
• It is essential for the firm to understand the value of
correct promotional campaigns that can have an impact
on the sales.
• Communication link for conveying schemes.
• Improvise on Packaging methods to avoid damaging of
• Deep freezers should be provided with proper racks for tri cones and candies
• Company should improvise on Packaging methods to
avoid damaging of goods
• There has to be a centralized communication channel
• Company should consider on the supply of product in the
peak season, to meet with demand of the consumers and
retailers alike during a certain point of the season.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document