INSTRUCTIONS: Use your MARK SENSE CARD to register your correct multiple-choice answer with a pencil. There are 40 multiple-choice questions (each question is worth 0.5 p) and 2 short answer questions (each question is worth 10p) in this exam. Total Exam: 40p
1. In organisations, the content of an email sent from the workplace belongs to?
d. Employer and sender
2. A private computer network that services the internal needs of an organisation is called
3. Extranets are used by organisations to support their
a. corporate communication.
b. external communication.
c. business-to-business communication.
d. Product communication.
4. What is a sequence of statements composed of premises leading to a conclusion?
d. None of the options listed
5. Which of the following is not a component of rhetoric?
6. What should it always be possible to do in effective communication?
a. To speak out
b. To be silent
c. To see the person
d. To see someone’s eyes
7. If the wording in an advertising campaign says 'All of your friends and colleagues will be impressed that you are taking this trip' it is appealing to what human need?
a. Social needs
b. Esteem needs
c. Safety needs
d. Physiological needs
8. What can be overcome when group members are accountable for their actions and when group pride is present?
a. Task complexity
b. Group conflict
c. Social loafing
d. Group storming
9. Which of the following is one of the advantages of the voting method?
a. Quantitative view
c. Win/lose mentality
d. A and B
10. The concern that people living in low-technology societies and situations could have a richer experience of interpersonal communication than people living in high-technology cultures is known as...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document