TABLE OF CONTENT
The Chicken Rice Shop (TCRS) is a chicken rice fast-food restaurant and a chain of HALAL family restaurants operated by TCRS Restaurants Sdn Bhd, a company incorporated in Malaysia, which was established in June 2000. With grandmother's traditional secret Hainanese chicken rice recipe brought down from generations and maternal grandmother's treasured recipe from Penang, the best of both grandmothers' recipes were perfected and introduced into the menu. With the successful growth of TCRS in their domestic markets, they plan to spread the culture of the Malaysian way of life into the Indonesia market 2007, followed by Australia, Singapore and other Asian countries. Their slogan is Bukan Sekadar Nasi Ayam: (Not just Chicken Rice) in Malay and "Chicken Rice and More" in English. With the similarities in traditional culture and taste of food, Vietnam is an actual potential market. As a business in Vietnam market, it is important for TCRS to have a marketing mind-set. Thus, this report aims at recommending an overall marketing approach for this company in a sensitive market – Vietnam.
I. The various elements of marketing process needed to be considered by The Chicken Rice Shop (TCRS) to penetrate into Viet Nam Marketing concept is the philosophy that companies should analyse what their customers need and want and then make decisions to get more customers’ satisfaction than the competitors. There are three elements of marketing concept that should be incorporated into the marketing process: customer orientation, coordination of market-led activities and profit orientation. Customer orientation is an essential element of marketing concept that businesses have pay attention specially to gain long-term profits from the customers. In order to gain profit, business must put satisfactory of customers at the height. More specific, these are the needs and wants of customers. With the trend in now, a business should do more research and analysis market before beginning business that belong to the requirement of customers more than goods (in this case is food, drink, ) and then try to find market to consume for these goods. In case of TCRS, they have to focus on this element as well because Vietnam’s market doesn’t like other market. In Vietnam, chicken dishes are very popular (including family meals, fast food and restaurant) and with the tradition of Vietnamese people, they like to group up and dine together. Thus, a chain of fast food about chicken rice as TCRS is not easy to business. A symbolic example is KFC, after the time they dominated Vietnam’s market, Vietnamese people now are not prefer KFC food because of bad effect to heath of their food. On one hand, actually they really want to eat TCRS’s foods. On the other hands, they worry about their health because these foods have too much oil. Beside, TCRS should care about the quality of material food such as rice, chicken, others vegetable…etc. So, if TCRS can’t find any solutions to fix this problem, the foods of TCRS can be no longer belong to favourite foods of buyer. The buyer will find other foods of other companies that are not only more guaranteed about quality but also more popular with them. The second element is coordination of market led activities. This element means that companies or organizations coordinate many ways to promote their products. A company should have some kinds of market led activities to ensure that almost people in market that the company is working know about its products. In Malaysia, TCRS have done very good this work. They create a good brand about fast food, which is delicious and also healthy (this is different with others fast food which just fast but not good). TCRS is located in usually busy crowded places like shopping centres, malls and some busy streets of the cities. TCRS and kiosks concept of business set-up is modern, creative and attractive. Moreover, they...
References: 1. Definition of macro environment, [online] Available at http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/macro-environment.html
2. Malaysia and the WTO, [online] Available at: http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/malaysia_e.htm
3. Vietnam tax rates, [online] Available at: http://www.taxrates.cc/html/vietnam-tax-rates.html [Accessed in November 2010]
4. Đạt Eric, Mô hình PEST trong nghiên cứu môi trường vĩ mô, [online] Available at: http://www.saga.vn/view.aspx?id=2926 [Accessed on 1st April 2007]
5. Vietnammarcom, Phân khúc thị trường – Lấy sao cho đúng miếng ngon, [online] Available at: http://www.ebrandium.com/thu-vien/marketing/phan-khuc-thi-truong---lay-sao-cho-dung-mieng-ngon.html
6. Business-to-business, [online] Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business-to-business [Accessed on 13th April 2011]
7. Business-to-customer, [online] Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business-to-consumer [Accessed on 12th April 2011]
8. Buyer behaviour – decision-making process, [online] Available at: http://tutor2u.net/business/marketing/buying_decision_process.asp
9. Information about The Chicken Rice Shop, [online] Available at http://www.thechickenriceshop.com/about.html
10. Elements of a Marketing Planning Process , [online] Available at http://www.ehow.com/info_7742260_elements-marketing-planning-process.html
Please join StudyMode to read the full document