1. How are information systems transform business and what is their relationship to globalization? Describe how information systems change the way businesses operate and their products and services.
2. Identify three new information system trends
3. Describe the characteristics of a digital firm
4. Describe the challenges and opportunities of globalization in a “flattered” world
5. Why are information systems so essential for running and managing a business today?
6. List and describe six reasons why information system are so important for business
7. What Exactly is an information system? How does it work? What are the management organization and technology components?
8. Define an information system and describe the activities it performs
9. List and describe the organizational, management, and technology dimensions of information systems
10. Distinguish between data and information, between systems literacy and computer literacy
11. Explain how the internet and World Wide Web are related to the other technology components of information systems
12. What are complementary assets? Why are complementary assets essential for ensuring that information systems provide genuine value for an organization?
13. Define complementary Assets and describe their relationship to information technology
14. Describe the complementary social, managerial, and organizational assets required to optimize returns from information technology investments
15. What academic disciplines are used to study information systems? How does each contribute to an understanding of information systems? What is socio technical systems perspective?
16. List and describe each discipline that contributes to a technical approach to information systems
17. List and describe each discipline that contributes to a behavioral approach to information systems
18. Describe the socio technical perspective on...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document