Human Resource Management
Lecturer: Dr. Salmiah Mohamad Amin
Group assignment: cases studies
Carter cleaning company
Hotel Paris case
Yaser Hassan Al-Quadhi MH112130
Amri Yanuar MH102204
Hassan Nematzadeh MH111001
Mina Soltanabady MH102047
The Hotel Paris Case:
The Hotel Paris Case:
Question 1: Based on the hotel's stated strategy, list at least four important employee behaviors for the Hotel Paris's staff. The hotel Paris’s competitive strategy is “To use superior guest service to differentiate the Hotel Paris properties, and to thereby increase the length of stay and return rate of guests, and thus boost revenues and profitability”. Hotel is a beneficial business, when all the guests are happy with the hospitality and behavior. It is a great responsibility for all the hotel employees to maintain the proper behavior with the guests. No matter what happens, all the hotel employees, waiter or manager or any person related with hotel services should behave properly. A hotel is successful when its employees/waiters are qualified. Successful/proper behavior is a great quality. So as a part of a hotel or as a member or as a waiter you should know how to behave with a guest. Let’s learn 10 successful behaviors with a guest. 1. When you are in front of a guest be friendly. Smile at the guest. 2. Ask a guest if he/she needs something.
3. You should be accurate with your work. Listen and note carefully what the guest needs. Repeat items to them to ensure everything is alright. 4. Guest’s satisfaction is all you need. Satisfy a guest with your humble behavior. 5. Respond quickly. Try to keep an eye on guests. So that if they try to have your attention by eye contact or by any signal, you can respond quickly. 6. When the guests are eating, don’t ask them if they are finished or they want to pay now. Don’t bother them with your question. Let them ask you for the bill. 7. If a guest asks you something, try to give him all the information in details. Help him to reach where he was asking for. 8. Try to make a guest comfortable. When a guest checks in, and you are the one who is showing the room or the apartment, give him/show him every single thing a guest want to know. Like the switch board or where is the bathroom. Give him/her feelings like they are home now. 9. A guest should know what is the number he/she should call for emergency or the counter number or the reception number. Give him that information and make sure that system works. Show him how the system works, to ensure security and to ensure your hotels responsibility. 10. It is the most important thing that you should behave politely with the guest. Give a guest your full concentration and the best you can do with your quality. That’s the thing you should make sure, your quality is not only your quality, it’s your hotels quality and it’s also your responsibility.
Question 2: if time permits, spend some prior to class observing the front desk clerk at local hotel. In any case, create a job description for a Hotel Paris front desk clerk.
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts. Example Titles
* front desk clerk, hotel
* front office clerk, hotel
* guest service agent
* guest service representative
* hotel front desk clerk
* night clerk
* reservations clerk – hotel
* room clerk
Hotel front desk clerks perform some or all of the following duties: * Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments * Register arriving guests and assign rooms
* Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document