Raja Ahmad Iskandar Raja Yaacob
Instructions for Group Project
This assignment requires you to participate and develop arguments as advocates for a particular perspective on Malaysian history. Of late, we witness the emergence of a diversity of views and positions with regard to the nation’s history and historiography. The contestation to history and history education is portent in determining the future of Malaysian society and the nation. The current efforts at revising the school history curriculum has received a litany of responses and criticisms. The controversy has significantly affected national issues and policies. It determines the future of Malaysia.
As such you are to select one topic as listed below:-
Eurocentric history (of Malaysia)
Orang Asli-centric history
Having selected a topic, you are required to do the following:
1. Define/conceptualize the perspective chosen
2. Describe what it is or what it stands for
3. Identify the major arguments in the ‘centrism’ that you have chosen 4. Discuss the arguments
5. Identify the main figures/advocates
6. Identify the major sources
7. Subsequently you are to compare your chosen ‘centrism’ with one other in the list 8. The assignment should be at least 30 pages with 1 ½ spacing 9. Each group have to present staring 18 July
10. Each group will be allocated between 10 to 15 minutes to advocate 11. The projects (Group: 5-10 individuals) are to be submitted on 10 August.
For this part, each of you are required to prepare a four –five page essay on the implications of your advocacy (based on the group /centrism subscribed) to the current condition and future state of the nation....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document