Student Handout 4
Extracted Material from Sample Format for a SOP
| | | | |This student handout contains one page of extracted material from the following publication: | | |Sample Format for a SOP | | |None |Page SH-4-2 | | |Disclaimer: The training developer developed this extracted material. The text may contain passive voice, misspellings,| | |grammatical errors, etc., and may not be in compliance with the Army Writing Style Program. |
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR A SOP
NAME OF ORGANIZATION
TITLE OF SOP
(Office File Symbol) SOP Number
1. PURPOSE: Is a brief statement that outlines the purpose of the SOP, which describes its function, its applicability, and its objective.
2. APPLICABILITY: Determines the SOP audience/distribution.
3. REFERENCES: Determines the regulation(s) that govern the procedure(s) performed.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES: A brief statement that explains personnel actions, if necessary.
5. PROCEDURES: The main contents of the body. Procedures are an orderly series of specific actions taken to carry out an assignment.
6. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS: Any additional information needed to clarify procedures in the SOP, if necessary.
. PURPOSE: This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is a unit specific M4 and M4A1 carbine’s weekly...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document