LWimberly Lesson 17
Week 2 – Assignment
Lesson 17 – Gregg College Keyboarding, page 39 and 40
Improve Your 10-Key and Keyboarding Skill
Before you begin, save this document to your computer desktop. You will need to enter your scores in the “10-Key Numeric Keypad” section, and the “Timed Writings” section (found at the end of this assignment document), then submit the document with timed writing scores included, to the assignment drop box.
There are two parts to this assignment:
1. The 10-Key Numeric Keypad – [the table (box) is located below the instructions for the exercise.]
2. Keyboarding – [scores should be entered in the table found near the end of the document.]
Since you started your program, you have been practicing keyboarding. Using keyboarding for work-related activities is an important part of your career. As a medical office billing specialist, you may need to create patient letters, schedule appointments, or perform other tasks that require speed and accuracy when typing. Practice this skill by completing the following activities, 10-Key Numeric Keypad and Keyboarding:
10-Key Numeric Keypad:
1. Open the Gregg College Keyboarding textbook to the Appendix.
2. Locate exercise A on page A-1 and exercise B on page A-2.
3. Using the keypad, type the numbers across the table in exercise A and exercise B into the table (box) provided below.
4. When you hit the “Enter” key, the cursor will progress to the space below.
Remember, in this activity your Goal is to:
Touch type the keys on the keypad
Complete the following tasks as described in your textbook appendix:
Follow the instructions for Groups A and B.
A. New Keys: The 7, 8, and 9 Keys
B. Old Keys: The 4, 5, and 6 Keys Type your exercises in the table (box) below. It will stretch when you hit “Enter.”