What is backpacking?
A backpacker is a person that travels with everything he/she needs in one backpack and most of the time walks to discover the environment while doing all sorts of activities. They spend nights in backpackers hostels where they share rooms with 4-6 other people. There is one kitchen that is shared by all the guests.
Four reasons why tourists backpack:
· Backpacking is a low cost travel. Backpackers often travel to a lot of places and they budget their amount of money used for travel.
· Because they need to cut loose from their everyday life. Travelling on your own lets you literally leave everything behind (stress etc.) and gives you time to rethink your circumstances or future.
· It helps you become comfortable dealing with the unfamiliar (other cultures etc.). You learn to adapt in unfamiliar situations and surroundings.
· Some people go backpacking because they want to learn new things and experience a different lifestyle. Some go because they want to bring home a whole new perspective of life.
Backpack and cruise liner adventure S.A is a holiday tour for three Germans and one South African in South-Africa for 14 days. The holiday starts with a 8 day tour through Kwazulu-Natal and Gauteng for different activities (Photography, Game viewing, Adventure activities and S.A Cultures) and then ends with a 4 day cruise package from South-Africa to the Portuguese islands on the MSC Sinfonia.
(a)Land and air arrangements
· Name of airline, date of arrival and departure Airline : South-African Airways Arrival : Monday 26 November 2012 Departure : Sunday 9 December 2012
· Name and description of main land transport used
Baz Bus : The Baz Bus is a bus transport service, but with a few major differences. The Baz has been set up for independent travellers looking to explore South Africa safely and