Michael Andretti - Single minded
- Not interested in being present
- Cold and unwelcoming
- Believed life was perfect before and when he initially met Josephine and re-met Christina
- Arrogance ‘ don’t pity me, my life lacks nothing’ Gives the perception that he enjoys his life regardless of the recent discovery, perhaps not wanting to get involved with Josie and her mum
- “I hate to tell you Josie, but I wasn’t aware of your existence until very recently so I haven’t had time to think about this”. This shows he is selfish and was more concerned about him.
- “But what happened between your mother and I was a very sad situation eighteen ago and considering the circumstances things turned out well”. Self centred and does not want be involved in Josephine and Christina’s life.
- “You keep out of my life, and I’ll keep out of your” shows us that Michael doesn’t want Josephine or Christina in his life because he has his eyes on different things.
- "I don't want her" Michael says to Christina regarding Josephine showing us he doesn't want to take interest in his own daughter. - She accepts that he can help her and use him. They have a sustainable relationship
- Developing a positive relationship and getting to know each other better.
- When Josie begs for Michaels help when she breaks another pupil’s nose. Michael comes down and helps Josie get out of trouble (catalyst), we see a different type of Michael where he begins to develop what is seemingly a relationship
(evident on page 90 “he gave me a great spiel about his day in court today, know how impressive he sounded) we see here that he is trying to impress Josie.
- - Nostalgic tone “But what happened between your mother and I was a very sad situation eighteen ago and considering the circumstances things turned out quite well”. BEFORE
- Okay he snapped. Promises