Main Character List
* Purple Hibiscus * Kambili : love and respect Papa; always hope Papa proud of her. Against her Papa at the end but still love him very much. Healing from trauma and can easily laugh, run, and looking for the future. Love equal pain to kambaili. (zip of love, tongue burn)
* JaJa: Listen to his Papa but first against him; help sister Kambili and Mama all the time and sacrifices himself for the family.
* Papa Eugene: (The representative of post colonialism’s); strict and controls all his family. Religious and does not allow kids to visit grand-papa very often since he is a pagan. Contribute a lot to the community and work hard to against the government and tell the truth through newspaper “Standard”. (Exposes negative aspects of society). Highly praised/respectively——In fact, he control ppl’s thoughts as same as colonialism did on the country.
* Aunty Ifeoma: Independent, open minded, positive, brave and against unfair/ inappropriate treatment on Kambili and Jaja or school, encourage her kids to speak up and challenging authority as well. Support Kambili and help her to heal from trauma * Father Amadi: He is an important role in helping Kambili healing from traumatic past. He supports Kambili and takes great care of her.
* Mama: Traditional and rely on Papa, loses baby twice and cannot prevent her kids from beating by Eugen, very different from Aunty. However, kill the Papa at the end (poison)---not the best way to solve the problem or protect kids and her.
* A long way gone * Ishmael: A normal kid turn to able to kill because of disassociation, (join the army because of lost family, starving), able to rehabilitate and have opportunity to go to New York and attend UN. During the trip, he meets Laura, his future Mama. To avoid being the boy soldier again, he leaves Sierra Leone and stays with Laura in New York City.
* Nurse Esther: She is an important