PPG TESL COHORT II FEBRUARY 2012
SEMESTER 5 (2014)
KSSR LISTENING AND SPEAKING LESSON PLAN
: Puan Anita bt Ahmad
: Year 3 Elit
Enrolment: 25 pupils Date
: 4th March 2014
: 11.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m. (60 minutes) Theme
: World of Knowledge
: Having Fun
Focused Skill: Listening and Speaking
Integrated Skill: Writing
Learning Standard: 1.2.1 Able to participate in daily conversations: (e) talk about oneself
3.2.2 Able to write with guidance:(a) simple sentences Learning Objectives: By the end of this lesson, pupils should be able to: (i) use form of positive sentence, negative sentence and in questions in inquiring other’s interests (ii) complete the Table of Habits and write simple sentences in positive form.
Educational Emphases (EMK/CCE/EE):
Multiple Intelligences: Bodily -Kinesthetic Intelligence, Interpersonal Intelligence. CCTS: Making Connections or Associations
Contextual Learning, Knowledge Acquisition, Constructivism
Previous Knowledge: Pupils have learnt about their habits.
1. Pre-teach flashcards/word cards
2. Picture cards of the actions
3. Sentence cards
4. Worksheet (Table of Habits)
Steps / Phase / Time
Teaching /Learning Activities
1. Teacher groups pupils into 2 groups.
2. Teacher models the Charades Activity first.
3. Representative from each group has to come to the front and pick one picture card. 4. Using actions they have to demonstrate the picture card. 5. The particular group members have to guess the action.
Multiple Intelligences: Bodily -Kinesthetic Intelligence
Pre-Listening and Speaking
(jog, swim, cycle, sleep, eat, read, draw, dance, sing, jump) 1. Review: Routines
Teacher asks pupils what they like to do every day.
2. Teacher teaches the vocabulary words.
3. Teach and drill the vocabulary using flashcards (no words) and miming. 4. Teacher shows word cards independently and ask pupils to read and match words to pictures. Thinking Skill:
Making Connections or Associations
While –Listening and Speaking
Positive sentence Subject (I) +verb +every day
Negative sentence Subject (I) + do not + verb + every day
Questions Do you + verb + every day?
Positive sentence :
1. Teacher shows a flashcard (action) to pupils and ask them to read it 2. Teacher shows a sentence card with the form of I +verb +every day 3. Teacher reads the sentence card and pupils repeat after.
4. Teacher asks a volunteer to read the card and stick it onto the board.
Negative sentence :
5. Teacher shows a flashcard (action) to pupils and ask them to read it 6. Teacher shows a sentence card with the form of I + do not + verb +every day 7. Teacher reads the sentence card and pupils repeat after.
8. Teacher asks a volunteer to read the card and stick it onto the board.
Question Form :
9. Teacher shows a flashcard (action) to pupils and ask them to read it 10. Teacher randomly asks one of the pupils the question form of Do you + verb + every day? 11. The student has to answer either in positive or negative sentence (full sentence) 12. Teacher shows a sentence card with the form of Do you + verb + every day? 13. Teacher reads the sentence card and pupils repeat after.
Post- Listening and Speaking
I swim every day.
Do you swim every day?
I don’t swim every day.
I read every day.
Do you read every day?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document