Lewis and Clark Expedition and Clark Trail Heritage
The Game with No Name
A friend of yours would like to capture the adventures of Lewis and Clark in a video game, but she needs your help. She wants the game to be awarded Top 10 Kudos like Super Mario, Rock Band, and SimCity. Read all the directions first and follow them carefully to get this new expedition rolling.
1. Evaluate each of the following websites and choose the three that provide the best explanation and description of the expedition. Explain each of your choices.
• Lewis and Clark http://www.pbs.org/lewisandclark/
• Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation http://www.lewisandclark.org
• The Lewis and Clark Journey Log http://www.nationalgeographic.com/lewisandclark/journey_intro.html
• Lewis and Clark The National Bicentennial Exhibition http://www.lewisandclarkexhibit.org/index_flash.html
• (http://www.lewisandclarkexhibit.org/index_flash.html) Best organized
• http://www.lewisandclark.org a lot of useful information , easy to access , maps and notes.
2. Write a two or three sentence description for each website you selected in Question 1. Be sure to highlight its most informative features.
Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
This site keeps the Lewis and Clark Expedition alive in the modern world. At the same time, it also gives comprehensive background about the exploration, including FAQs, a history of the expedition, and a roster and genealogy chart of participants. It could be especially important in developing game characters.
• (http://www.lewisandclarkexhibit.org/index_flash.html) This is my favorite website, it has all of the background about lewis, clark, and sacagwea. It has maps of their travels and notes they had written back then about their exploration. It overall holds more information then the other sites.
3. Now suggest