Level 2 Certificate in Equality & Diversity
Diversity is the difference from one another
2. Describe the community you live in. Highlight some of the variations you may observe in terms of:
• Personal, social and cultural identities.
In my community there are different people from different ethnic backgrounds for example: Asians, British and Black people. We have people of all ages. The young boys and girls play in the park nearby. Some play football, others on the swings and others just run around. Most of the older people prefer to stay indoors most of the times. We have students, working class and housewives and retired neighbours. It is a mixed religion community majority being of Christian and Muslim faiths. My community is a united one where we meet once a month and discuss the problems affecting us and try resolving them. We also have a clean-up day once a month where we clean around our neighbourhood. There are restaurants offering different types of cuisine.
3. Explain how the variations in question 2 contribute to the diversity of the community.
Variations give people a wide range of experiences and opportunities and creating something new that create a richer society for example in culture and beliefs.
4. Give some examples to explain how diversity:
• Enhances your life
• Enhances the local community
• Enhances this country.
Diversity enhances my life as I learn and experience new things and as a foreigner I get to learn other people’s ways of life. It also makes a community grow and develop both socially and economically. Diversity makes Britain a multicultural country thus enriching it with culture, variety of foods, beliefs and economic growth,
5. Describe what it means to respect people’s differences and why it is important to respect differences.
This is willing to accept everyone is different and treating others as you would like to be treated. It is