* A learning organization is an organization, which facilitates the learning of all its members and continuously transforms itself. ( Pedler, Boydell and Burgoyne, 1992) * A learning organization has managers who create an environment where the behaviors and practices involved in continuous development are actively encouraged. (Honey, 1996) * An organization in which learning is valued, and consciously managed and supported. A learning organization develops and uses the knowledge, skills and experience of those working within it and around it, to change the way in which things are done. (Lewis, 1996)
2. Give 5 assumptions of Learning Organization
There are many assumptions behind Learning Organization. One of them was learning is a good thing. It will improve the quality of learning by individuals will give a positive effect to the organizations. Besides that, learning needs to be planned. Plan helps to increase the quality and quantity of learning. Staff learns the required behavior and not unwanted behavior. Other than that, team learning is easier to sustain. Individual learning difficult to sustain. Shared learning able to increase team effectiveness. Furthermore, learning is continuous. It is an ongoing process for everyone. And lastly learning needs to be on the conscious agenda. Behaviors that support learning agenda should be recognized for an example through appraisal system.
3. Explain 5 main characteristics in Learning Organization
1. Reward flexibility. The ability of the organization to deliver rewards to staff.
2. Internal exchange. Involving all internal department collaborating and exchanging information with each other about their expectations, success, needs and weakness.
1. Boundary workers as environmental scanners. All employees who can boundary of the organizations obtain information from both formal and informal sources to feed into