1. What is your original ethnic culture? Has your culture influenced your leadership style? Are there any people in your family motivate you to be a leader?
2. Theory development plays an important role in health care today, and has several important functions for the nursing profession. What leadership theory do you prefer? (trait theories, style theories, situational-contingency theories, transformational theories, hierarchy theories, two-factor theories, expectancy theory, OB modification)
3. Are there any educational programs you have taken to prepare a leader? What are they and how they affect your leadership? Do you have any plans in advanced education?
4. What is your vision for the nursing profession?
5. Would you please describe your first experience of a leader? Any lessons you learned that had helped you grow in leadership?
6. What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
7. As a leader, what is the biggest challenge you are facing today?
8. Can you name a person or an event that had a tremendous impact on you as a leader?
9. You are a director of two units in this hospital. What are the most important decisions you make as a leader of the units or the hospital? How do you encourage creative thinking within the units or the hospital?
10. What are the mission, vision, and philosophy of your units or the hospital? What do you think is the most important, mission or vision?
11. What strategies you might use to build self-confidence and generate self-motivation?
12. What do you think the culture of the hospital? How do you help a new employee understand the culture of the hospital?
13. How do you motivate your employees and get them to follow you?
14. How does the diversity of staff nurses and patients affect how you lead and work?
15. As a leader, what strategies you might use to resolve conflicts between your staff nurses?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document