By LaJuana Woods
Leadership in the 21st Century
Professor Vicki Boone
April 21, 2013
• Taking classes to help me understand what I need to do to become a leader.
• Reading the necessary information to help me gain the knowledge of understanding on how to be a good leader.
• And getting the hands on approach while working in an organization to get a better knowledge on how the leadership position is supposed is supposed to be managed.
Information Needed to Become a Good
Being a great listener
Being a team player
Learning from the mistakes that are made
Being a great motivator
Be a role model to others
Having an optimistic attitude
Being a Woman (Partner) Owning a Small
• I need to finish school in order to fully understand the functions of how to run a small business.
• My husband is my backbone. He helped me to understand on what is needed to run a business and the proper way that a business should be ran.
• My focus was more on raising a family instead of running a couple of small businesses.
• Balancing a work, family and a small business is something that women do.
• Women leave corporate jobs everyday to run a small business so that they can spend more time with their families.
Leadership Development Plan
To get to a point in my life where I am able to run the businesses that I and my husband own together. 5
Sheridan Broadcasting Corporation
Able to comprehend the work that needs to be done.
Unless I am given a time frame for when the assignment needs to be done, I take my time.
I learn very quickly.
From time to time I tend to overlook things. Knowledgeable on computer software.
On matters of my position at the organization, I tend to push it to the side instead of speaking up on the issues at hand. Very reliable.
I will not stop doing the work