This module will introduce students to the operation of Malaysian Legal System, the principles governing entering into contracts, terms of contracts, discharge of contract and remedies and principles governing employment, terms of employments contract and termination.
This subject aims to develop students’ understanding of laws which govern businesses. It is also to develop students’ ability to apply the laws to business situations which he/she likely to be concerned with. The law which is covered in this subject are Malaysian Legal System, Law of Contract and Employment Law.
3) LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completing this module, students should be able to understand the Malaysian Legal system and its modus operandi, entering into contracts and its principles, terms of contracts, discharge of contracts and remedies, employment principles, terms of employment contract and termination
4) LEARNING MATERIALS
A) Main Reference
• Business Law - Lee Mei Pheng & Ivan Jeron Detta, 2009 Edition, Oxford University Press
B) Other References
• The Malaysian Legal System – Ahmad Ibrahim & Ahlemah Joned
• General Principles of Malaysian Law – Lee Mei Pheng
• Principles of the Law of Contract in Malaysia – Syed Ahmad Alsagoff.
• Partnership Law in Malaysia – Samsar Kamar Latif
• Understanding Company Law in Malaysia – K. Arjunan & C.K. Low
• The Industrial Relations Law of Malaysia – Wu Min Aun
• Law of Negotiable Instruments – Poh Chu Chai.
• Islamic Banking – Concepts and Applications – Sudin Haron & Bala Shanmugam
▪ CONTRACTS ACT 1950
▪ REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS ACT 1956
▪ EMPLOYMENT ACT 1955
▪ INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ACT 1967
▪ PARTNERSHIP ACT 1961
▪ COMPANIES ACT 1965
▪ COMPANIES COMMISSION ACT