September 24, 2013
How to make a homemade Lava Lamp
Getting Their Attention: How many of you own lava lamps? How many of you enjoy looking at Lava Lamps?
Introducing Yourself and Relating The Topic to the Speaker:
If you’re like me you love looking at a lava lamp at night or if you’re in your living room just hanging out it’s always a good thing to just look at and keep your mind busy. I’ve always found lava lamps very cool.
Preview Your Points:
Today I will show you 7 easy steps on how to make your very own personal lava lamp that you can show to friends or keep for yourself. This is a very fun activity for kids or even for you to have on your own.
What’s In It for Them?
This easy to make lava lamp is very cheap to make and is much better than going out and purchasing an expensive one. This lava lamp can be used if you’re trying to sleep and need a little light or is a fun activity you can show to kids or your own kids.
This is a very fun and easy thing you can do for your own enjoyment.
Like many projects let’s start by gathering the materials.
1. The first step is to gather the materials
A. There are several supplies that are needed to make this lava lamp.
1. You will need Water.
2. The second item is a clear plastic bottle.
3. The third item is vegetable oil.
4. The fourth item is food coloring of your choice.
5. The fifth item is Alka-Seltzer tablets.
Transition: Now that we’ve collected all the materials we can begin on our steps.
1. Pour water into the plastic bottle until it is around one quarter full (you might want to use a funnel when filling the bottle so you don't spill anything).
2. Pour in vegetable oil until the bottle is nearly full.
3. Wait until the oil and water have separated.
4. Add around a dozen drops of food coloring to the bottle (choose any color you like).
5. Watch as the food coloring falls through the oil and mixes