University of Phoenix Material
Must-Have Documents Worksheet
In the assignment for Week 5, you completed the four must-have documents: a will, living revocable trust, advanced directive, and durable power of attorney for health care. Congratulations! You have done something unfortunately too few people take the time to do, yet something that is absolutely essential to your ability to protect yourself and your family. If you have not already done so, take a moment to give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve it! Now it is time to talk about what you have done.
Answer the following questions about the must-have documents. Each response should be 50–150 words in length.
Purpose of Documents
1. What is the purpose of a will? A will is a document that legally declares who will manage a person’s estate or property. It’s to ensure a person wishes are carried out.
2. What is the purpose of a living revocable trust? The purpose of a living revocable trust is so that someone you trust can manage your property while you are living and to distribute it to your beneficiaries upon your death.
3. What is the purpose of an advanced directive and durable power of attorney for health care? The purpose of an advanced directive is a document which allows you to give authority to another person or a relative when you become incapacited.
Document Information and Completing Documents
4. What sorts of information were you required to supply to complete the must-have documents? Which of the information was most difficult to find? Why? Case records are needed. Pogram reports and documents are needed to complete the must have documents.
5. What other difficulties did you run into as you worked through creating the must-have documents? How did you overcome them?
Protecting Your Family
6. How does having the must-have documents in place help protect you and your family? Be specific.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document