(BMB 44303/ BMB 44304)
INVESTIGATE THE ULTRASOUND IMAGING
NAME: MOHD AFIQ AIMAN BIN MAT ARIFFIN
ID NO: 51216111078
TITLE: Ultrasound images
1. To make the students get familiar with ultrasound machine.
2. To identify image produced by ultrasound.
3. To measure the diameter/ dimension of image subject.
Please simplify procedures of using ultrasound machine until you will get the heart image. Please refer manual. (10 marks)
1. Apply coupling gel to the scanning surface or fill the water trough with tap water.
2. Position the transducer on the scanning surface in a region with a minimum number of targets.
3. Adjust the instrument setting (gain, TGG, etc.) as for a “normal” liver technique. Record these setting for use on subsequent testing.
4. Align the probe so that the targets are maximized.
5. Freeze the image and obtain a hard copy.
6. Observe the general appearance of the phantom. Note if all regions at the same depth are display with the same intensity across the image.
C) Result / Discussion
1. State the model of ultrasound machine. (2 marks)
Mindray DP220 PLUS ultrasound
2. State the mode and type of transducer used in ultrasound. (4 marks)
Mode B single :
Displays an image slice in a two-dimensional format in various shades of gray. Typically dense objects such as bone are displayed as white and the least dense material, fluid, is displayed as black. Tissues with varying densities are displayed in various shades of gray.
Transducer: linear array transducer
3. Define ultrasonography:
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
4. Attach and label the image produced by ultrasound machine. (10 marks)
5. From image in question 4, please measure the dimension of the image