Lab 8 Questions
1. Airmon-ng: This script can be used to enable monitor mode on wireless interfaces. It may also be used to go back from monitor mode to managed mode.
Airodump-ng: Airodump-ng is used for packet capturing of raw 802.11 frames and is particularly suitable for collecting WEP
Aireplay-ng: Aireplay-ng is used to inject frames
Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured
2. To prevent outsiders from exploiting connected resources and sniffing data that is being transmitted. The best encryption method is WPA2.
3. Considerations should be made to turn off broadcast of the SSID.
4. Disabling the SSID feature also makes it difficult for hackers to break into your home or organization network.
5. Wireless allows connections to computers in areas where wires cannot reach or would be expensive to install.
6. Connecting network elements by radio waves instead of wires presents many challenges. From the reliability standpoint, it is difficult to predict a priori the dependable coverage of a wireless network radio inside a building. Wireless LANs broadcast data into space, where they can be intercepted by anyone with the ability to listen in at the appropriate frequency.
7. Because WiFi signals are radio waves, anyone within range of a public WiFi network can listen in on what users are sending and receiving.
8. WiFi Protected Access version 2 (WPA2) and using VPN
9. Policies are the guide lines or strategies that assist users to protect them selves from un-warranted harm. Also audits and surveys, discover any vulnerabilities that may harm a user.
10. Same concept as a (hotspot) connection, if the AP is password protect, a hacker can easily access your phone network and discover private information.