Lab #4 – Assessment Worksheet
Configuring a pfSense Firewall on the Server
Course Name and Number: CIS 675 INFORMATION SECURITY
Student Name: DARSHAN PATHAK (2640944)
Instructor Name: Prof Selvan Snow
In this lab, you first planned a configuration of the pfSense Firewall using a spreadsheet, the pfSenseFirewallPlanner_EmailServer, to protect an e-mail server computer. The pfSense Firewall is a current-generation product with most of the functionality and options that are found in most firewall products, though the implementation may vary from firewall to firewall. In the second part of the lab, you configured the pfSense Firewall using the planning spreadsheet that you created in Part 1 of the lab. Lab Assessment Questions & Answers
1. Most remote configuration and administration uses the _______ protocol. Remote configuration and administration uses Secure Sell Protocol.
2. SSH stands for?
SSH stand for Secure Sell.
3. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) uses which transport protocol, TCP or UDP? The FTP uses TCP.
4. From a security standpoint, it is more desirable to use the numeric IP address of a static IP host, such as an e-mail server, than to allow the address to be looked up the Domain Name Service. True or False? True.
5. Because the e-mail server will not be required to run a browser, which protocol is not allowed by the firewall rules? HTTP.
6. Because the e-mail server uses a fixed, static, predetermined IP address, which protocol is not used, and, therefore, not specifically allowed to pass through the firewall? DHCP
7. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and Secure HTTP (HTTPS) are the same protocol from a standpoint of passing or blocking them with a firewall. True or false? FALSE
8. Which protocol is used for a variety of functions in the e-mail server, such as resolving the numeric address of email@example.com, and which servers are blacklisted for being...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document